How long have you been a franchisee with Espresso to Go Mobile Cafés?
- 2.5 years
What Made you Choose Espresso to Go?
- I spoke to the other franchise companies but Espresso to Go seemed to be the best fit because of their fee structure and the reasonable cost. Being a Brisbane-based franchise was also a great benefit. Their coffee was also so much better than the competition.
What experience did you have in the industry before going ahead?
- I have no coffee making or business experience but I had 25 years experience working in sales and marketing.
Why did you choose a franchise rather than going it on your own?
- Having been a franchise manager before, I liked the idea of having ongoing support, especially having not worked in the coffee industry before. Help is always only a phone call away.
What was your biggest concern about going ahead?
- That the business would not meet the expectations that we had been given but I am happy to say Espresso to Go has far exceeded my expectations.
What was the hardest part of starting your business?
- I had to take on a new mindset as this is my business so everything I do such as quality of coffee, building relationships and customers all comes down to me.
Are you enjoying your Business?
- Yes I am. I get to talk to people every day and make them smile with one of my great coffees. People are always happy to see me.
Do you have any regrets?
- Probably not starting years earlier.
Is it what you expected?
- It is what I expected as far as the freedom of working my own hours goes, as well as meeting new people while making my own money.
Has your lifestyle improved?
- My lifestyle has certainly improved. I no longer need to travel away for work, I am able to pick the children up from school and I start and finish when I want to. My income is also much better and there is no boss.